Complete Podiatry's Coronavirus Update May 2020
The past few months have certainly been an uncertain and challenging time for everyone here in Australia and all over the world.
We have seen well over 3 million people infected with the coronavirus worldwide and hundreds of thousands who have tragically lost their lives to COVID-19.
The great thing we can see now, especially in South Australia, is how few new Coronoavies cases have been diagnosed recently: no new cases in 10 days now!!!.
Fingers crossed, we will start to see some lifting of the restrictions we all have been living with.
Our team at Complete Podiatry want to say thank you for everything that everyone has been doing to reduce the risk of cross-infection.
It has been wonderful to see our community come together in the way it has and we would like to send our heartfelt thanks to all of you who have been continuing to support us during this difficult time.
We thought it was important to update everyone on how the latest Government strategies to restrict the Coronavirus affect you and your upcoming appointments with the team at Complete Podiatry.
Are you still open? Does the physical distancing rule apply to health services?
Absolutely, we are still open and here to care for you and your family!
Podiatry has been declared an essential service by Prime Minister Scott Morrison and has been encouraged to continue.
The South Australian and Federal Governments continues to advise us that the physical distancing rule sill does not apply to health services such as Complete Podiatry.
However, this does not mean we have stopped taking it seriously.
We continue to maintain our adjusted clinic spaces and appointment availabilities to ensure our clients are kept as safe as possible when attending our clinics.
Read this article on our website about why Podiatry is an Essential Service and how we are preparing our clinics for safe consultations with our clients.
I still don't feel safe to come to the clinic just yet, what are my options?
We understand that you may be unable to or feel worried to attend the clinic for your next appointment.
At Complete Podiatry, we want to make sure we can continue to be here for you, despite the current circumstances.
For this reason, we have introduced a variety of new services, notably online podiatry consults and limited home visits for emergency consultations.
Online Consults (Telehealth)
Our Podiatrists can assess, diagnose and treat your injury using a video or telephone link.
This service is available for all people throughout Australia and the technology is easy to use - we will assist you with this so it is not so daunting!!!
Services can be accessed via a link on your phone, tablet or internet browser (e.g. Google Chrome or Firefox).
Whilst it does not replace traditional hands-on treatment, people with conditions where education, exercise and self-management are the recommended treatments will likely gain the most from an online consult.
Some of the ways we can help using virtual POdiatry consultations include:
- Prehab - helping you manage pain and maintain strength before a surgical procedure
- Postop surgery rehab- helping you recover after foot and ankle surgery
- Knee pain – osteoarthritis, tendon pain, bursitis and post-surgical rehab
- Leg pain – shin splints, muscle cramps and tightness, tendon pain, tendinopathy/ tendinosis
- Ankle pain – osteoarthritis, ankle sprains and weak ankles
- Foot pain – top of foot pain, osteoarthritis, cervical pain
- Heel pain – plantar fasciitis, morning pain, tendon pain
- Forefoot pain - ball of foot pain, neuroma, bursitis, toe pain
- Big toe pain - bunions, osteoarthritis
- Footwear - advice and recommendations
- Nail and skin advice - fungal nails, ingrowing toenails, nail care advice, corns, callus and fungal skin infections.
If you feel a little unsure as to how a Virtual Podiatry Consultation would work, we are offering ALL clients a free 10-minute phone call with one of our Podiatrists to discuss your suitability and answer any questions you may have.
Call our friendly Welcome Team today on 8330 0004 to book your check-in!
For those of you who have an emergency problem such as an infected ingrowing toenail or sudden, unbearable foot pain, we can arrange for one of our Podiatrists to visit you in the comfort of your own home.
These consultations will run very similarly to those that we provide within the clinic, with the podiatrist able to conduct a complete assessment, diagnose and treat your problem, after taking all the necessary precautions (hand sanitising etc).
Home visits are not our preferred option as we are unable to provide you with a controlled environment like can in the clinic however, this is an option if you feel unsafe to leave your home and are struggling with a significant issue.
However, to ensure we keep our team and the rest of our clients safe, we will not be able to provide a home visit service for clients who:
- are self-isolating due to suspected Coronavirus exposure,
- demonstrate symptoms of COVID-19, or
- have returned from overseas or interstate and have not completed their 14 day quarantine period
What measures are Complete Podiatry taking to ensure that our Clients and Team are safe?
Please be assured that on top of our existing cleaning procedures, we are taking increased stringent hygiene and patient screening measures to protect your safety.
This includes but is certainly not limited to:
- Screening all clients to ensure no one is displaying symptoms including coughing, fever or runny nose.
- Screening clients to ensure they have not travelled in the last 14 days or had contact with anyone who has.
- Screening clients to ensure no contact has been made with confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19
- Asking all clients to sanitise their hands before and after treatment consultations
- Ensuring all clinic surfaces are cleaned throughout the day and in between every consultation.
- Recommending that you arrive at your appointment time, to reduce contact with other clients.
- All our team have undertaken specific COVID-19 hygiene and infection control training and updated their hand hygiene training.
- Setting up HICPAS Go and Medipass in our clinics to enable contactless payments.
Watch the video below to see what else we are doing to prepare our clinics for your arrival.
I have more questions, who should I talk to?
We are really aware that everything feels like it is changing so rapidly at the moment and that rapid changes in anything can leave people feeling uncertain and a little fearful.
Our aim is to keep you informed with the best, most up to date information available to us from reliable sources.
Be assured that we are here for you and are more than happy to talk with you about any of your questions or concerns.
And finally, we'd like to send you all a huge thank you for your continued support and are looking forward to seeing you in the clinic soon!
Yours in building amazing lives from the feet up,